Mark your calendar to join us for the start of a small group study, Imago Dei, starting Wednesday night, November 3 at 7 pm.
God's Image. God's People. God's Mission
People are naturally compelled to ask questions of identity: Who am I? What am I worth? Why am I here? The answers culture offers only lead to more questions. To properly answer all these questions, we need to look all the way back to the beginning—to our creation—and see that all people are made in the image of God.
Having a well-rounded view of the imago Dei will help us better understand ourselves, God, and the restoring work of salvation that comes to us through Jesus Christ. We can understand what God intended the imago Dei to be, how sin corrupted it, and how Jesus restores it through the power of the cross and the indwelling presence of the Holy Spirit.
Published by The Gospel Coalition in partnership with LifeWay, Imago Dei is a new group study by Mike Cosper that examines the image of God biblically within the grand narrative of Scripture, relationally as it applies to ourselves and others, and missionally in our service to others and in our obedience to the Great Commission.
- Gain a clearer understanding of what it means to be made in the image of God.
- Learn how to see yourself and others in light of their status as image bearers.
- Recognize your power and dignity as an image bearer.
- See the biblical story of redemption through the eyes of an image bearer.
- Hear leading voices in the Christian community explore the meaning and implications of the imago Dei.
- Respond to God’s call to be on mission, serving people who are different from you.
- Realize that Jesus is the exact imprint of God’s nature.
- Recognize the inherent worth of the people God has placed in your life.
- Find practical, redemptive ways to engage with image bearers in your community and the world.
- Discover how the image of God can be renewed through faith in Jesus Christ.
- Rosaria Butterfield
- D. A. Carson
- H. B. Charles Jr.
- Kevin DeYoung
- Ligon Duncan
- Karen Ellis
- Gloria Furman
- Nancy Guthrie
- Tim Keller
- Jen Pollock Michel
- Albert Mohler
- Russell Moore
- Miguel Nunez
- Jackie Hill Perry
- Juan Sanchez
- Sam Storms
- Shar Walker
- Afshin Ziafat
- And more!
Our Small Group Ministry is Called: LIFEGROUPS
Our Lifegroups are an important part of our purpose and process to "Live in Community" at Lifepoint. Without these Lifegroups we would not be connected to a group that offers support and guidance.
We would be delighted to have you experience a Lifegroup soon. Those interested in experiencing a Lifegroup need to email the church at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will contact the appropriate leader.
Within our Lifegroups, we do our best to mix the group with different abilities. If you are unaware of your spiritual gift mix, complete our document, "Discovering Your Spiritual Gifts", and talk over the results with Pastor Mike or your Lifegroup leader.
If you would like to investigate our church membership, you may do so by reading our "Connect with Lifepoint" church membership covenant.